Monday, August 4, 2008

fRuitiness

I don't ever quote movies but I ALWAYS end up making reference to "Remember the Titans" when I go anywhere with my bff, Hayley. In "Remember the Titans", the character Sunshine, is called a fruitcake. In case you haven't seen the movie, a fruitcake is someone that doesn't fit into societal norms (meaning that they don't act in a way that society has deemed to be normal). My definition is only a slight variation of this. My definition of a fruit (I have taken the liberty of shortening fruitcake to fruit) is someone that acts in way that I deem to be crazy.



Last Friday, Hayley and I went to a party for the release of "Breaking Dawn", Stephenie Meyer's latest book. Let's just say that Waldenbooks was full of fruits that night.

Here are my top "fruit" moments of the night.

1. Kid with a pokeball. I am pretty sure those were recalled....



2. Guy in a skirt. That is Hayley on the left, skirt guy, skirt guy's girlfriend, and Megan.


3. Jessica.... I don't why they let her read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn, but they did. She said she could do voices, but she didn't. Jessica also made her own dress. The picture doesn't do it justice (think Madonna meets Punky Brewster).

No comments: