Saturday, May 9, 2009
that's not my name
"I miss the catch if they throw me the ball. I'm the last kid standing up against the wall".... Oh wait, quoting The Ting Tings was not my intention for this post. This post does however have to do with my first name. My name isn't exactly common. But at work, I get so many comments about my name that its almost ridiculous. I had one guy tell me that he had never heard my name before this season of The Biggest Loser (a girl named Tara is on). Most of the comments are "I have a granddaughter/daughter/neice/sister {blah, blah, blah} named Tara" but the fact is that I don't really care if they know someone who shares my name. Other comments are about the pronunciation of my name whether I say it tear-uh or tar-uh. I always respond that I say it tear-uh but it doesn't bother me if they say it the other way. My absolute favorite comments about my name are the comments from people from India. They ask if I know what my name means in their language. And of course I do because I absolutely love what my name means in Indian. My name means star!!! Those that know me well know that I love stars (hence my blog background). I love to draw them. I love to gaze up at them. I love everything about them. Since the name Tara = star, one could assume that me = star. I am a star!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment