Not only was 7/11 the day that slurpees were introduced to the world, it is also the day of my birth! This past July 11th was my *cough* 27th *cough* birthday. I have two birthday traditions that I like to adhere to. The first is ice cream cake. Ice cream cake is my favorite kind of birthday cake! The second tradition is that I don't like to work on my birthday. My very first job began the summer I turned 17. I worked at the local movie theater, Water Gardens. I received a phone call from one of the managers asking me to come into work on my birthday. I had only worked there for a few months and I didn't want to get fired so I went in. I remember two of my best high school friends came in and brought me ballons. That was the first and hopefully last (fingers crossed) time I have had to work on my birthday.
This year for my birthday, I decided to give myself a present (this is not a tradition for me). I decided to pay the remaining amount that I owed on my loan for my car. I was paying more interest on my car than what I was making having the money sit in my savings account. I am in no way trying to brag about this! I am proud of my self for now being officialy debt free!
No comments:
Post a Comment