Sunday, July 26, 2009

a day to foRget

July 11 was my birthday. It started out great. Breakfast at Northstar (I ordered my favorite things: the cowboy breakfast and the absolutely amazing blueberry smoothie!) and a movie at the dollar theater (17 Again-- so cute). From there my birthday day only went down hill. It was raining like crazy and I was wearing the same flip flops from the day that I sprained my ankle back in June. My roomie and I were walking out of Walmart and between the combination of the rain and the flip flops, I fell (I guess that part shouldn't be a surprise). I fell straight on my face and broke my front tooth (my #8 for any dentist out there) and fractured the front tooth next to it (the #9). I spent the rest of the day at immediadent-- an er of sorts for teeth. The put a temporary filling on my #8 so at least I don't look scary anymore. My #8 tooth has already had a root canal (the nerve was exposed when I broke it off) and as of right now I don't need a root canal on my #9. Next week I go back to the dentist to talk about crowns for my two front teeth! My 28th birthday will be a birthday that I will never forget!



Such a cute picture of me and my broken tooth! Needless to say, I threw away all my flip flops after my second fall in a month!

1 comment:

Natasha and Jesse said...

Poor you! I'm sorry your birthday was so crummy. Hopefully next year will be better.