I have no catching blog entry title for this particular post. It was however an interesting day. While at work my "friend" {I use the term friend loosely as he kinda is creepy and scares me}, and I were talking about generic topics that turned into religion.
"Willie" aka my "friend": What church do you go to?
me: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
"Willie": O.K. I've seen the commercals.
We go back to work and a while later....
"Willie": Is your church the one with guys on bikes?
me: {I laugh} Why yes!
"Willie": That's really cool and all, but why don't they ever stop?
me: What do you mean?
"Willie": Everytime I see them they just ride, they never stop. Aren't they supposed to stop?
me: uuhhhh {awkward silence...at least on my part...what was I supposed to say to that?!}
then even later...
"Willie": What do you do for your church?
me: What do you mean?
"Willie": What do YOU. DO for your church?
At this point, I start to panic. What do I do for my church? I have a calling that I don't magnify. What am I supposed to tell my friend?
"Willie": Do you sing in the choir?
me: I don't sing in the choir because I don't think I sing very well, but I do sing all the hymns on Sunday.
{More awkward silence...mainly me panicking trying to figure out what to say.}
"Willie": Its okay. I don't do anything for my church either?
me (in my head): WHAAA? Why the third degree?!
Missed missionary opportunity? Most definitely!
After I get off of work, I went to school for chemistry and anatomy. And like clockwork, I fall asleep in my chemistry class (sorry dad!) at the same time everyday. In anatomy, we got our results back for our first tests (they were both on the same day) and I missed one on the lab practical and got an A- on the lecture part (by the time I got to studying the joints I decided I was done-- so I pretty much I missed all the joint questions). And I got to see a cadaver!
2 comments:
"Its okay. I don't do anything for my church either?" Hilarious! LAUGH OUT LOUD! Oh Tara, you are too cute!
Hahah! Like clock work I fell asleep in my chemistry class (sorry dad!) Oh I definitely laugh aloud at this :-) Heart you Tara!
Post a Comment