Sunday, June 1, 2008

going gReen

Going green seems to be a trend that is becoming more and more popular in our society. My question to you is what are you doing, if anything, to follow this trend?


This is my sad list of my efforts to be green:


1. Recycle! I love, love, love to recycle. Trust me, I know I am weird but I really do love to recycle. That is my "chore" around the apartment. Granted this chore is something I sort of came up with on my own.


These are the bins at the Meijer on Sawmill (my favorite place to recycle). I can recycle my plastic and paper all at the same spot.


2. Reusable shopping bags. Half the time I leave them in my car or I don't bring them into the store at all. But its the thought that counts, right??? Plus I am not sure if its even worth doing. I can recycle the plastic bags that the grocery stores give me.


3. Shorter showers. The reason behind this probably isn't what you think it is. I am maybe, kinda, sorta scared of the shower in my apartment. In and out as soon as possible is what I strive for.


4. Paperless statements. I have signed up for my credit card and bank statements to come paperless, meaning I have to view my statements online. I view my credit card activity online, receive reminders to pay my bills online, so why not just view my statements online.

5. Uplug unused electronics. I try to unplug my hair dryer and flat iron after I use them but I almost never remember to unplug my laptop and phone charger. Oops! I have made this my going green goal, to unplug my laptop and phone charger more than I do right now (which shouldn't be too hard to do).

No comments: