Sunday, June 22, 2008

ouR savioRs love

After Sacrament meeting on Sunday, a counselor from the Relief Society Presidency approached me asked me for a favor. I hesitatingly said yes. The favor, as it turns out, was not that bad. I was asked to pick the practice hymn for Relief Society. I was to pick a hymn and tell what I liked about it or share the scripture that can be found at the bottom of the page.



I immediately flipped through my pocket hymnal trying to decide which hymn to share. My usual favorites didn't seem appropriate to share for this situation. Then the thought came to my mind, pick a hymn that describes the feelings you have had this week. The hymn that perfectly describes what I have been feeling is Our Savior's Love. Here is the story of why this song fits my week.



On Thursday, I decided to spend my lunch hour at the local park. It was one of the best lunch hours I've ever had! I ate the lunch I had brown sacked, took a nap and read my book. Basically I spent a peaceful hour just enjoying the perfect weather Ohio has having. At the end of my lunch hour, I was throwing everything back into my bag. I dug in my purse to find my two different sets of work keys. I found both sets and put them onto the blanket I had been laying on. I again searched my purse, this time to find my car keys. After finding my car keys, I could only see one set of keys on the blanket. Panic quickly began to set in. Thinking it impossible that I had just misplaced my keys that I was only a few seconds ago holding in my hands, I tried to remember if I really had just found them and set them on the blanket. I dumped everything out of my bag, searched in pockets, and under the blanket. I tried to remember if maybe I had left them at work. Realizing what time it was and that I was going to be late, I gathered my belongings and threw them into the backseat of my car. When I arrived at work, I began another thorough search for my keys. Not locating my keys, I came to terms that the impossible must have happened. The keys had to be at the park. Thinking that it would be extremely hard to find a set of keys in a huge span of green grass, I prayed sincerely to my Heavenly Father that I would be able to find my missing keys that I needed so desperately. I left from job number one ten minutes early to head back to the park. When I arrived back at the park, another car had parked in the spot I had been in. I looked under that white SUV to see if my keys had perhaps fell in my hurry to get back to work. I must have looked pretty funny, searching under a car that wasn't mine! I went to the spot where I had picnicked. I said another quick prayer that I would be able to locate my keys. I looked down at the grass. Right in front of my shoes were my missing keys!!!!!!!!!




The blue circle is really around my actual keys!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: