There certain things in life that make me happy and laugh over and over again. This picture is one of them! For all 26 and 11/12s of my life my dad has had a mustache. He and my mom went to Utah a while back and when I went to pick them up from the airport I drove right past him because I didn't even recognize him! He had shaved his mustache off. This picture is right before he completely buzzed it off. He shortened the ends so that it was a Hitler fashioned mustache (sorry if that offends anyone).
One of my favorite stories to hear my mom tell (I was too young to remember this) about my dad involves me and alligators. The story goes that I was having a nightmare. My dad then gets out of bed. From my parents room, my mom hears the front door open and shut. As my dad comes back into the room, my mom asks him what he was doing outside. My dad tells my mom that I had been having a nightmare that there were alligators under my bed. My dad caught the alligators and let them go outside.
(I have been informed that I have some of the details wrong in this story but the principle of the story remains the same. Right now I am too lazy to change it to the way it really happened. Okay, the story has been edited for the first time. I know it is still wrong but after I am done with job number one, I will correctly edit it to the fullest extent!)
Three years ago, I got in my first major car accident. I didn't want to call and tell my dad what had happened because I was so scared that he would get mad at me. The first words out of his mouth when he came to the scene of the accident were "Are you okay?". Those simple and tender words out of his mouth meant the world to me!
I love my dad! I am so greatful for the influence he has been to my life. I hope that if/when I marry that I will marry someone just like him!
No comments:
Post a Comment